Sunday, December 27, 2009

Romantic dilemma - Need advice, please.?

I just recently met my son's financee's widowed father and I am finding myself attracted to him. I am single and this is the first person I have taken an interest in for a long time. I have been told that he doesn't date because he still feels married to his dead wife (she's been gone 8 yrs.). But I have the feeling that he is noticing me, too. Anyway, he lives with his son and family and is cloistered to the point where I doubt he could have a personal life of his own even if he wanted to. I am sure my son and his financee' would think it inappropriate if they knew I was even thinking about him, but I just can't seem to get him out of my mind. Any ideas how I can do that ? Honest, sincere answers would be most appreciated. Thanks !Romantic dilemma - Need advice, please.?
Have conversatons with him. Do things together when he's ready. Give him a hug from time to time.


Share activities together. What you are doing is having him get over his wife...and having him come around to seeing you as potential mate.


Have dinner with your son and his fiancee' and invite her dad. It's a way for him to quit moping, get out of the house and enjoy a home cooked meal.


Take your time. You'll be OK.


Good luck and take care. Keep me posted.Romantic dilemma - Need advice, please.?
This could jeopardize alot for you and your son and his fiance's family. I would suggest trying to find something wrong with him, to turn you off from him and never look back. I know it sucks and I'm sorry , but I would stop this now before it gets painful.
A chapter on relationships in the book: LIFT YOURSELF UP - A Guide and Companion is out this week.(Amazon) This book will help you immensely! Good luck!
Some times you need to sacrifice. Your children are more important than self.
Just take it one day at a time! If he likes you and is willing to consider being with you, why deny yourself the opportunity to have love again! If you are looking for this to be just physical, then don't do it - no need for sensless drama!
I really don't see the problem. If you want to date him, well then it's your life. Talk to him on a platonic level, get to know him and then see if he feels the same. Don't rush to the end result before you figure out how the beginning is going to work out. Women tend to confuse things because of our emotions. Just let nature takes it's course and don't worry about the rest until it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment