Thursday, December 31, 2009

When you say 2 someone that U care about them, can often mean romantic type or friendly like? Advice please!?

First of all I'm not american so my native language is not english. I wrote this guy that I care about him but I didn't specified if it is as friend or something else. I mean we are friends, Do you think he thinks I'm talking romantic? He didn't reply and he always does right back so I don't know if he got the wrong idea!! What should I do? Cuz I mean friend but I don't know if a send him a wrong message. Help!When you say 2 someone that U care about them, can often mean romantic type or friendly like? Advice please!?
explain what u meant right away before that situation gets very uncomfortable..When you say 2 someone that U care about them, can often mean romantic type or friendly like? Advice please!?
it's not just the language you are having a problem with, it might be cultural too. American and Canadian culture, you won't find many guys, who won't get nervous or suspicious it you say you care for them. These happen to be two very Homophobic nations, so you have to be careful about showing or expressing, admiration, love, almost anything physical or emotional to another guy, short of a knuckle sandwich for lunch. Unless it's like tackle football, hockey hug, baseball a*s grab, etc. I guess it's got to be pretty confusing.


You can make jokes and say ';that's why i like you';, you can tell him you consider him a good friend, but don't say you care about him, he figures that into the friendship, it kind of goes without saying here. So be careful in future.


Ya, i think he took you wrong. No big deal, leave him a message and tell him, you feel embarrassed because you think you may have messed up by saying something that could be taken the wrong way. Now, that you realize what you said, you want to correct any misunderstanding and you just meant you considered him a good friend and that you'll be more careful with your English in the future. I'm sure he'll understand. Good luck.
Well, not always but if that guy think so, that is his problem. Just go and tell him that I care about u cuz we're just friend! OK, GOOD LUCKS WITH THAT!
that could be taken both ways if he ask u about it just explain what u meant
  • wrinkles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment